Burke & Wills were the Lewis & Clarke of Australia. Rugged adventurers who set out on a mission to explore a new and unknown continent. Today, Burke & Wills is a premium brand of rugged outdoor apparel and camping gear. The Burke & Wills expedition crossed the Murrumbidgee River at Balranald (Bell-renald) near the modern-day border of Victoria and New South Wales. This version of the Balranald Short Duster (for US Export) is the 3/4 Length version of the flagship jacket in the Burke & Wills collection.
On the Outside:
- ◆ Crafted from rugged, water repellent 12oz Oilskin (waxed cotton) Canvas
- ◆ Keeps the wind, rain, snow & ice out, while venting excess heat & moisture
- ◆ Full-size cut provides ample mobility and layering capability
- ◆ Traditional double-breasted press-stud front to seal out the elements
- ◆ Fold-up collar with press-stud tab to shield your neck & face on those cold & wet days
- ◆ A row of press studs under the collar for attaching an optional hood
- ◆ The traditional Duster cape serves to catch and shed the rain from your shoulders
- ◆ Two large Duster patch pockets to carry your sundries
- ◆ Strap & stud adjustable cuffs allow you to tighten down your sleeves when the weather gets wet
- ◆ Unsnap the rear vent for a more comfortable ride, or greater mobility while at work or play
On the Inside:
- ◆ The Balranald Short is lined with a 100% cotton lining featuring a map of the route of the Burke & Wills expedition
- ◆ A deep, drop-in, interior left breast pocket suitable for today's larger smartphones
The Balranald Short is the 3/4 Duster the 19 members of the Burke & Wills expedition wished they had with them when they departed Melbourne for the Gulf of Carpentaria in the winter of 1860. Fortunately, you can order yours right here today.